Transformation: Dylan Meredyk Drops 104 Pounds!
What Was Your Life Like Before Your Transformation?
I was a Junior in high school…the laziest time of my life. Every day was the same routine: Wake up, go to school, then come home and sit on the computer for the rest of the night and play video games.
Throughout the day was constant snacking on any food I wanted and drinking can after can of soda/pop. I was the most unhealthy person I had ever seen and I didn’t even realize it at the time.
The day I finally realized that I needed to change my lifestyle I found myself 17 years old, 5’7″, and 290 pounds.
After getting denied by girl after girl in school things got pretty tough…then I started to realize why. I took a good look at myself in the mirror and I was huge….not in the good way. I was obese and scared to death to admit it.
I decided to cut off all junk food and fast food. It was the best start I could think of at the time.
What Were Your Major Struggles or Challenges?
The biggest struggle I faced was staying consistent. At first it was actually really easy for me, but after about 2 weeks the cravings set in and were extremely difficult to get rid of.
Detail Your Workout and Cardio Plan During Your Transformation
At the time I worked at a trampoline park. Almost every day I’d go in and jump for a few hours with my friends. It was great cardio because it didn’t even feel like you were exercising, just having fun.
I had a lifting split of chest and back, arms, and legs. I would weight train 5 days a week and do at least 20 minutes of cardio 4 days a week.
Detail Your Diet/Eating Plan During Your Transformation
Initially I was just counting calories and trying to eat around 1800 calories per day. It wasn’t until I got to around 215 that I discovered macro dieting.
Detail Your Supplement Plan During Your Transformation
I didn’t start taking any supplement until I got down to around 225lbs. After that, I started slowly build a stack. After it was done it looked like:
- Multivitamin – GNC Brand Mega Men Sport
- Fish Oil – GNC Brand Triple Strength 1500
- Pre-Workout – MTS Ruckus/Vasky
- Intra – MTS Machine Fuel/Cellucor Alpha Amino
- Protein – MTS Machine Whey/Iso-100
- Fat Burner – MTS Drop Factor/Core Burn
- Creatine – Cellucor CN3
What Was Your Major Accomplishment, or Major Milestones?
My biggest accomplishment was finally starting to see the outline of visible abs. My entire life I just wanted to know what it felt like and once I got a taste I craved more gains.
Detail Your 3 Biggest Mistakes
- Not eating enough protein. I could have preserved much more muscle mass during the process, but starting out I didn’t realize how important protein was.
- Staying consistent with my diet. There were a few times where I slipped up for days, even a week at a time. This hindered my progress so much.
- Lifting as heavy as I could without focusing on form. I thought everything was based around how much you could lift, not the quality of each rep you do.
3 Biggest Things You Learned During Your Transformation?
- I learned to love lifting weights. If you enjoy exercising it’ll be something you look forward to, rather than something you dread doing.
- Macros are everything. Macro dieting is the reason I passed my 215 pound plateau. Once I started taking in my proper macros the weight just started falling off like in the beginning.
- Working out with friends makes it so much more enjoyable. Days that I had to workout alone I noticed my workout performance was always worse than it was when I was around friends.
Final Words of Advice for Others Looking to Make a Change?
As Lobliner himself would say “Nothing works unless you do.” If you don’t put 100% into it, don’t expect to get anywhere near that out of it.
Anything is possible. I never thought weight loss was possible for a person with my body type. After a couple years and a little over 100lbs lost, take my word for it. It is possible and don’t even believe that it’s not.