Transformation: Bryan Henry is 515 Pounds No More!
What Was Your Life Like Before Your Transformation?
At my heaviest I had become lazy and self-centered. I was a horrible husband and father and I didn’t like who I had become.
Christmas time, 2010, my wife and I had both had enough of our lazy ways. We starting to have a hard time keeping up with our awesome child.
Her work was starting to support fitness and got a bunch of employees to agree to run a race. We saw this as an opportunity/drive, she joined the gym the day after Christmas I joined a few days after that.
What Were Your Major Struggles or Challenges?
Was getting started but once the weight started to come off, it became fun and so enjoyable.
Detail Your Workout and Cardio Plan During Your Transformation
When I first started out a did a few minutes of stationery bike to warm up before I lifted. That eventually went to the waist side. I focused on building muscle mainly, for me lifting is what I enjoy and still to date I am loosing weight with little to no cardio.
I will at some point need to put some/more into my routine to help make me a healthier me.
Detail Your Diet/Eating Plan During Your Transformation
When I first started I tried to just make better food decisions, eating fewer “not healthy” and more “healthy” foods. Then I progressed to counting calories and staying within a set daily goal. This worked very well for a long time.
In 2015 I implemented a structured 6 meal a day plan. It has been a whole new way of eating and learning about my body and how it responds to foods. It has not been easy but I am stronger and Leaner from it.
Detail Your Supplement Plan During Your Transformation
I have tried some fat burners and various others supplements. I take a pre-workout from time to time. But I found protein to be the best thing to help with weight loss, and transformation.
What Was Your Major Accomplishment, or Major Milestones?
I sit back and think of all the things I dreamed of doing when I was at my heaviest. And now I can do almost all of them. But my favorites are the ones not in the gym and involve my awesome wife and son.
I am looking forward to the road ahead and the things we can do now that we couldn’t do before. So guess my major accomplishment is transforming my life into a life worth living.
Detail Your 3 Biggest Mistakes
- Getting to the point I did, 515 is a lot for one person to weigh. I know I am 360 now and still out-weigh most people, and with my build i will never be small (nor do i want to be).
- Taking advantage of my wife. I am embarrassed to look back on how I treated her. She has always been my inspiration.
- Believing my family when they said I looked OK at my largest. Love is blind. Be honest to your loved one help them.
3 Biggest Things You Learned During Your Transformation?
- Good habits build better habits. Start small and build from there. I tell this to everyone who asks me were to start.
- This is not a sprint its a marathon.
- A calorie is not just a calorie for me my body wants to be fed certain foods now. I feel better when I don’t eat crappy.
Final Words of Advice for Others Looking to Make a Change?
As i said before, “Good habits build better habits.” Make small changes and build on them. It makes it easier and more sustainable.
I have enjoyed this journey so far… And I AM NOT DONE.