Guilt-Free Protein Zucchini Brownies That Promote Heart Heath
Do you want a guilt-free snack that will also help with cardiovascular and heart health, fat loss, and even eye and bone health? The most delicious zucchini brownies ever created are here, and you will love them!
Zucchini is packed with many beneficial vitamins and minerals like potassium. Potassium is great for electrolyte balance, and helps prevent cramping. Zucchini also features folate, which helps break down homocysteine levels that have been linked to heart attacks and strokes.
Let’s not forget the magnesium content in zucchini. Magnesium is one-half of the of the popular supplement ZMA. It has been shown to have a potential positive impact on diabetes prevention, and even the muscle building process.
Packed with fiber, zucchini can also help curb appetite and regulate blood sugar. The fiber content can also help lower cholesterol. The super high water content in zucchini helps you stay hydrated.
If that’s not enough, zucchini contains beta-carotene for eye health, and vitamin C and calcium for bone health and antioxidant properties.
High protein zucchini brownies for heart health.
MTS Whey Zucchini Brownie
Note: Makes 12 brownies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Splenda for baking
- 1/4 cup smooth applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (regular pastry flour works too, or use all-purpose flour)
- 1 scoop MTS Whey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, sugar, applesauce, and salt until combined.
- Mix in the flour, MTS Whey, cocoa powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in another bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the grated zucchini so that it’s uniformly mixed into the batter.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in so they’re incorporated well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and tap lightly on the edge of the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the brownies at 350 degrees F 20-25 minutes, or until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out relatively clean.
The brownies will keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Approximate Macros PER BROWNIE!
- 4g Protein
- 7g Carbohydrate
- 3g Fat
- 76 Calories
There you have it. Enjoy the heart health, fat loss and lean muscle gains with the most delicious brownies ever created!