Lower Belly Fat with Monounsaturated Fats
Peanut butter for less belly fat. What?
You heard me right!
Peanut butter is comprised of monounsaturated fat which has been shown to help with fat loss and decreased belly fat. It also has a plethora of health benefits such as reduced cholesterol, decreased risk of heart attack and stroke, decreased discomfort from rheumatoid arthritis and even a decreased risk of breast cancer.
Related – 70 Day Shred; The Complete Body Makeover
Alongside avocados and nuts such as almonds and cashews, peanut butter is a home run for health benefits.
Fat can lead to excess calories, and that can contribute to fat gain if taken in excess. Thus, be sure to measure your fat and control your portions to meet your macronutrient needs. To find out how many calories you need per day, use the Tiger Fitness TDEE calculator found here. To find out the macros you need for those calories click here.
Most diets, such as the Zone diet, recommend about 30% of your total daily caloric intake to come from fat. Fat is essential for vitamin and mineral absorption as well as optimal hormone production.
Personally, I like to see monounsaturated fats around 50% of the dietary fat intake, saturated fats around 20% of the dietary fat intake (some coming from MCTs as found in Ritual AM™, and polyunsaturated fats at around 30% of the dietary fat intake.
This can vary give or take.
I also want to see as a bonus 3 grams of DHA/EPA combined per day. This can be achieved by taking 5 softgels of Ethitech Nutrition Omega 3 Fish Oil per day – either all at once or spread out.
To make it easy to consume more monounsaturated fats, we have created some yummy meals and snacks. You have seen me biohacking breakfast, as well as waking up first thing to a delicious Ritual AM shake, but what about a mid-day snack that is light but also covers whole carbs, healthy fats and quality protein? We have it right HERE!
Sinister snack wraps to lose belly fat.
Sinister Snack Wraps Recipe
- Heat tortilla (optional).
- Spread 2 tbsp Sinister Labs Peanut Butter over tortilla.
- Make MTS Nutrition Whey Protein into “Sludge” by mixing .5-1oz water into 1 scoop MTS Whey in a bowl. Do not add too much water. Please watch the video.
- Spoon MTS Nutrition Whey Protein on the tortilla.
- Wrap tortilla.
Macros for Sinister Snack Wraps (per wrap):
- Protein: 41g
- Carbs: 31g
- Fat: 18g
Enjoy the health, physique and taste bud benefits!
1) Manzella, Deborah, “A Diet Rich in MUFA’s Can Reduce Belly Fat,” About.com. http://diabetes.about.com/b/2008/01/13/mufa-rich-diet-can-reduce-belly-fat.htm
2) Mark Wolk, Alicia, “A Prospective Study of Association of Monounsaturated Fat and Other Types of Fat With Risk of Breast Cancer,” Archives of Internal Medicine. http://archinte.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/158/1/41
3) Donaghue, K, “Beneficial effects of increasing monounsaturated fat intake in adolescents with type 1 diabetes,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice.
4) Mediterranean Diet Offers Multiple Benefits to Arthritis Sufferers http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=btnews&dbid=13#article
5) American Heart Association http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3045795