Protein-Packed Mini Peanut Butter Donuts Recipe
One of the unfortunate parts of dieting is that we generally have to limit certain foods we can eat. Although some cheat foods may fit within our macros, if we are on a deep cut then it simply becomes too troublesome to fit that cookie or donut into our diet.
However, there are many replacement options available to help aide in your diet by creating similar foods that are more macro friendly. Donuts typically are one of those food items that most dieters avoid.
High Protein Donut Ingredients
- 75g Oat Flour (Can be purchased or made from old-fashioned Oats)
- 25g MTS Peanut Butter Fluff whey protein
- 100g (Approximately one small container of Apple Sauce)
- ¼ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Whole Egg
- 24g PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- Reese’s Puff cereal as desired
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together your donut ingredients (e.g. Oat flour, MTS Peanut Butter fluff, apple sauce, baking powder, and egg) until they form a solid consistency.
- Take out a donut baking sheet (Note: I used a mini donut baking sheet, but normal sized donut baking sheets can be used as well. However, if making larger sized donuts, increase the cooking time accordingly).
- Spray your donut baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop your mixture into the baking sheet.
- Cook for approximately 6-7 minutes (Note: Your cooking times may vary depending upon your individual oven).
- Take out your donuts and let them cool off for a couple of minutes.
- Pour two servings of PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter into a bowl (24g).
- Add in a small bit of water as necessary.
- Mix together until a solid peanut butter consistency is formed.
- Top donuts with PB2 spread and some Reese’s Puff cereal (if desired).
Nutrition Facts, Including Topping
(Makes 9 Mini Donuts)
- Calories – 390
- Fat – 9g
- Carbohydrates – 35g
- Protein – 38g
These protein-packed donuts are filled with all the post workout carbohydrates and protein necessary for your next post-workout meal. They are quick, convenient, and easy to transport and make for a great tasting macro friendly snack.
If you enjoy the donuts be sure to try making them and hashtag #tfdonuts on Instagram! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ryanrodal and subscribe to our YouTube channel TigerFitnessSquad.