Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls w/Kaged Kasein
- 2 cups pitted and packed soft, sticky Medjool dates
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 scoop chocolate Kaged Muscle Kasein protein powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- Place dates in food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter, vanilla extract, chocolate Kasein protein powder and sea salt, and process for another 30 seconds. Next, add the cacao nibs and pulse to distribute.
- Transfer mixture to freezer and allow 30 minutes to set. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove mixture from freezer. Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture and roll tight into 1-inch balls, and place on baking sheet. Transfer the sheet to the freezer and allow balls to set for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler and whisk until smooth. Set aside.*
- Remove baking sheet from freezer. Spoon a tablespoon of the chocolate mixture over each ball. Transfer baking sheet back to freezer and allow 15 minutes to set.
- In a double broiler, whisking together the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup over a double broiler until smooth. Lightly drizzle balls with mixture. Serve.
Nutrition Facts (per ball; 16 balls per recipe): 125 calories, 4g protein, 5.5g carbs, 9.8g fat.
*A double boiler is a set of two fitted saucepans that are stacked together with space between them. If you don’t have a double broiler, you can substitute by using a large saucepan filled with 2 inches of water and a steel-mixing bowl placed inside of it. Bring the water to a simmer before placing the mixing bowl with the ingredients in the pan.