270 Calorie Muscle Building Bacon Brownie Recipe!
These healthy high protein brownies are a great way to add variety to your diet while introducing a new bacon delivery system into your life. They combine Muscle and Brawn’s Huge Gainer with bacon, two items that belong in every lifter’s diet.
A maple bacon cream cheese filling ties this brownie together to provide one of the best tasting power brownies you’ll ever make.
This is NOT a super-low calorie brownie that be used during a cutting period. Specifically, it has Huge Gainer incorporated into the ingredients to provide what you need to help you grow. For that reason, despite having only 270 calories this high protein brownie recipe might be best for lean bulks.
This bacon delivery system consists of a chocolate brownie filled with 8 pieces of bacon sliced in half and surrounding a maple fat-free cream cheese filling loaded with more bacon. The lower half of this recipe is a dense brownie, and the top part has more of a cake-like consistency. The filling provides a creamy and delicious maple aftertaste.
Bacon bits are listed in the ingredients for the frosting because they are drier, but fresh-cooked bacon can easily be substituted. Make sure the bacon is thoroughly dried with paper towels before adding to the filling for optimal results.
This recipe makes an excellent tasting and healthy high protein brownie. The calories and macros are designed to make every lifter smile. Bacon.
High Protein Back Brownie Recipe
- 8 pieces bacon
- 1 and 1/3 cup Complete Pancake Mix
- 1 serving (118g) Muscle and Brawn Huge Gainer
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons Truvia sweetener
- 1 tablespoon sugar/fat-free chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 9 tablespoons egg whites (4 egg whites)
- 5 ounces fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 5 ounces fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Truvia
- 1 and ½ teaspoons maple extract
- 4 tablespoons Real Bacon Bit Crumbles (or well dried crumbled bacon)
Cook 8 pieces of bacon to the point where they are crispy throughout. Save one tablespoon of bacon fat for use in the brownie batter. Dry bacon with paper towels. Crumble the bacon into very small pieces. Cook 2 additional pieces of bacon if you are using fresh bacon instead of bacon bits in the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick 9x9x2 brownie pan with Pam.
- Combine the pancake mix, Huge Gainer, cocoa powder, Truvia, pudding mix and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, Greek yogurt, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour into mixing bowl with powdered ingredients.
- Mix completely in a stand mixer.
- Add bacon fat to the mixture and mix well.
- Add crumbled bacon to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and place in preheated oven.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting; set cream cheese out and allow it to warm to room temperature while brownie is cooling. Cut entire brownie in half as if you were preparing to make a giant Oreo so you can immediately spread the filling before it starts to set up.
Making the filling:
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixer until creamy.
- Add the yogurt and maple extract; mix completely.
- Add the Truvia sweetener; mix completely.
- Add the bacon bits; mix completely.
Immediately spread the filling evenly across the top of the lower slice of the brownie.
Firmly press the top half of the brownie onto the lower piece, sandwiching the filling between the two pieces while taking care to not squeeze the filling out the sides.
Cover brownie with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the filling to set up. Cut into 9 pieces and eat.
The macronutrient profile:
Per 5 ounce serving.
- 271 calories
- 7g fat (3g saturated)
- 29g carbs (6 g sugars)
- 20g protein